Drywall is a great option for housing because of its ability to maintain temperatures and resist fire as well as being an affordable option that is easy to paint over. Working with drywall is a specialty trade so it’s important to choose a professional, experienced drywall contractor. You want your house or office to look its best. Crooked panels, sagging ceilings, uneven corners, gaps, and bubbled or creased joint tape just won’t do. A skilled drywall technician knows how to measure, cut, mud and tape, and finish surfaces to give your rooms elegance and a welcoming atmosphere.
Just like any other home service industry, drywall contracting has its share of scammers. Those fly-by-night crooks make their businesses look deceptively attractive on the outside, but there are things you can look for to determine the truth. Here are some major indicators of drywall scammers:
- Ridiculously low bids for materials and service
- Asking for an unreasonably large deposit or full payment before work begins
- No contractor’s license
- No local contact information or lack of a permanent business location
- No written contract or worse, a vague verbal agreement
- Lack of insurance
- Unprofessional-looking work vehicles or company representatives
- Poor or no references
- The offer of a “special deal” that requires you to rush into making an important decision.
More things to look for when hiring a drywall contractor include:
- Proper licensing and insurance
- Reliable references
- Examples of past work to demonstrate quality and abilities
- Year of experience and knowledge of the industry
- Transparent cost estimates and billing
JS Profinish would be happy to discuss your next drywall, carpentry, or painting project with you. We are an experienced drywall company and can provide feedback from previous customers, proof of licensing and insurance, and free estimates. Visit our website or contact us today.